What cars have the most expensive catalytic converters?
Click to see full answer
In this regard, which catalytic converters are worth the most?
Amazingly, the top three most expensive precious metals found within a catalytic converter include rhodium, palladium, and platinum!
Also Know, what vehicles have the best catalytic converters?
- Nissan Altima 2.5L Direct-Fit.
- MagnaFlow 51356 Universal Catalytic Converter.
- EvanFischer REPG960301 Silver Powder-Coated Catalytic Converter.
- Flowmaster 2230130 223 Series.
- Walker 15634 Catalytic Converter.
- AutoSaver Universal Catalytic Converter.
- MagnaFlow 27402 Direct Fit Catalytic Converter.
Subsequently, one may also ask, how much is the platinum worth in a catalytic converter?
On average, there are between 3-7 grams of platinum in a standard catalytic converter, but the amount varies based on manufacturer and model. So you can see how our minimum acceptable lot size of 500 catalytic converters or 1000 pounds of loose catalyst can add up to reclaimed profits for you.
How much gold is in a catalytic converter?
Catalytic converters contain Platinum, Rhodium and Palladium. However, there is no gold in catalytic converters. Content will vary significantly depending on the vehicle model, but on average the ceramic weight is approximately just less than 1 kg, and the precious metal content is between 0,2% and 0,5%.